A range of information is held on the register about each limited partnership. This includes a number of addresses — registered office address, address for service, postal and email addresses. Any changes to these details must be recorded on the register.
Authority to change a limited partnership address
To change a limited partnership's address details, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Business Registers
- authority to manage information on behalf of the limited partnership.
Information you'll need to provide
You'll need to provide the following information when updating an address:
- details of the change
- the date of change
The registered office and address for service may be the same address.
Registered office and address for service
The registered office address and address for service must be physical addresses in New Zealand; that is, they can't be a Private Bag or DX, or a virtual office (mail or message collection point).
If the registered office and address for service is at the office of a chartered accountant or lawyer, or at the offices of any other person, then full details are required — for example, the name of the firm, including details of the location.
The postal address can be either a postal address (for example, a PO Box) or residential address.
How to update your address details
To change an address for your limited partnership:
- Log in to your online services account.
- On the dashboard, select the limited partnership you wish to update from your 'My Businesses' .
- On the 'Addresses' tab, click the 'Change Address' button.
- Add the new address, and insert this in all other relevant fields.
- Complete the signatory details and click 'Submit'.