When you register a limited partnership, your annual return filing month will default to March. However, you can change your filing month to one that better suits you or your business, for example, at the end of the New Zealand tax year.
When you can change your filing month
You can only change your limited partnership's annual return filing month under particular circumstances.
You can't change your filing month:
- if your annual return is due, or overdue
- to the months of December or January.
Authority to change your filing month
To change your limited partnership's annual return filing month, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Business Registers
- authority to manage your limited partnership.
How to change your annual return filing month
- Log in to your online services account.
- On the dashboard, select the limited partnership you wish to update from your 'My Businesses' list.
- On the 'General Details' tab, click on the 'Change Annual Filing Month' button.
- Select the new month for 'Annual Filing Month'.
- Complete signatory details and click 'Submit'.