Authority is required to manage and update information about a limited partnership on the New Zealand and overseas limited partnership registers.
Who can apply for authority
To request authority to manage information on behalf of a limited partnership, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an organisation account with the Business Registers.
In the case of limited partnerships, only one active authority is permitted per organisation account with the Business Registers.
How to request authority
To request authority, log in to your online services account, then follow these steps:
- Check that your organisation name is selected in the banner menu. To do this, activate the drop-down menu and ensure the radio button alongside the organisation name is selected. (See screenshot below.)
- Search for the limited partnership by name, number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN).
- Click the ‘Request authority’ link on the 'View Details' screen.
- Upload the letter of authorisation.
- Tick the checkbox to confirm declaration.
- Submit your request.
This screenshot shows the radio button selected for the organisation (from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the banner).Log in and go to your online dashboard
Letter of authorisation
The letter of authorisation should confirm the following:
- the name and NZBN of the limited partnership you are acting for
- your name and contact details
- that you have authority to act on behalf of the limited partnership
The following template sets out the information your must provide.
If you are requesting authority over a limited partnership you have not previously managed, we will ask you to provide evidence that a general partner has given you consent to manage this limited partnership. To do this, please provide a letter from the general partner in a free format, using organisation’s letterhead.
The role of the account administrator
Once an organisation account has been created on the Business Registers and authority has been granted to manage information on behalf of a limited partnership, the account administrator can permit others within their organisation to access and update information. This is done by adding or removing users for that account.
How to revoke authority
To revoke authority, send your request to email@example.com