A number of addresses are held for each overseas limited partnership. These include the overseas registered office address, the principal place of business in New Zealand, details of the person authorised to accept service in NZ, and the postal address. You must notify us of any change to these details within 20 working days.
Information you'll need to provide
When you update your address details, you'll need to provide the following information:
- the name of the overseas limited partnership and registration number
- the details of the change
- the date of change
- the full name, postal address, email address and phone number of the presenter.
Principal place of business
The principal place of business in New Zealand, and the address for the person authorised to accept service in New Zealand, must be physical addresses. That is, they cannot be a Private Bag or DX, or a virtual office (mail or message collection point).
If any of these addresses are at the offices of a chartered accountant or lawyer, or at the offices of any other person, then full details are required — for example, the name of the firm, including any details of the location in any building etc.
The postal address may be either a postal address (for example, a PO Box) or residential address.
How to update your address details
You can notify us of a change of address by completing, and uploading, form LP12. The form must be signed by or on behalf of the overseas limited partnership.
To lodge the document use the 'Lodge Other Documents' service:
- Log in to your online services account.
- On the dashboard, select the limited partnership you wish to update from your 'My Businesses' list.
- From the menu, select 'Maintain Limited Partnership' and choose 'Lodge Other Documents'.
- Select 'LP12 Notice of Change of Addresses' from the document type list.
- Upload the document and click 'Submit'.