How do you grant or revoke authority?
When requested you can grant authority to other users online:
How do you grant Company Authority?
Before you can accept an Authority request the individual or organisation must first have completed the steps required to request authority from you as a director.
- When a user requests authority from you, you will be sent an email notification. To respond to this request select the link provided in the email.
- Read the statement carefully, ensuring you are aware who you are providing authority to.
- Select the Accept tick box or Reject tick box that appears at the bottom of the statement.
- If you select the Reject option you will be required to provide more information. Select the reason for rejection from the dropdown box and if you select the Other option you must provide more detail in the comments box.
- Select the Submit button.
The individual or organisation you have granted authority will automatically receive an email advising their request for authority has been granted.
How do you revoke Company Authority?
If you are a director of a company, you can revoke Company Authority for other directors and authorised persons online. An authorised person who no longer requires access to a company’s details can revoke their own authority online.
You must be a registered user of the website to revoke authority.
- Search the register for the company you want to revoke authority for.
- From the company details screen select the Authority tab to view the details of those who currently have authority.
- Select the Revoke option that appears on the right hand side of the individual or organisations name.
- Indicate the reason why the authority is being revoked.
- Select the Submit button to permanently revoke authority.
The individual or organisation you have revoked authority for should no longer appear in the ‘authorised persons’ section of the authority tab but will display as having historically held authority.