Other registers search
- From the Online Services - Do It Now menu choose Search other registers then choose Other registers search
- Now you will see is a list of all of the entity registers available for searching.
- Confirm the register you intend to search by selecting the relevant tick box. You can tick more than one.
- Click on the Continue button to proceed to the search screen.
Options when using the Other registers search
Every entity registered with the Companies Office has a unique reference number. If you know this number, simply type it in the standard search field and click on submit search. The next screen displays the organisation name and number. Click on the link to see more information about that organisation.
Note | We no longer attach an alphabetic prefix to the number, please only enter the number for this search (for example, enter 123456 not AK123456).
Enter the first few characters of an organisation name in the standard search box and click on submit search. Click on an organisation name from the list to see more information about that organisation.
If you wish to select another organisation from this list, select the Previous search button to return to the list.
Note | If you can't find a name using this search option maybe the organisation has changed its name. To find out if this is the case, you can use the Previous name search option.
Keywords can appear anywhere within an entity name. Choose words that you think will return fewer results. Common words like 'Club', 'Incorporated', 'Limited Partnership', 'Trust' and 'Society' cannot be searched as they are not unique enough to be considered keywords.
Entities that will be searched include Incorporated Societies, Charitable Trusts, Building Societies, Industrial and Provident Societies, Limited Partnerships and Overseas Limited Partnerships.
Some documents for other registered entities can be viewed online. PDF documents are identified by this icon indicating that it has been imaged. To access these documents, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC.
- Get a FREE copy of the certificate of incorporation (At this stage these are only freely available for Charitable Trusts and Incorporated Societies)
- Access copies of other registered documents for voluntary organisations FREE of charge.