Updating FSP details and financial services
FSP's are required to notify the Registrar of any changes to their registration by updating their details online.
The FSP should notify the Registrar of changes to (for example) registered addresses, the dispute resolution scheme the FSP belongs to, or the financial services they provide, using the online register.
All registered FSP entities must also maintain the details of their management - directors, controlling owners and senior managers. Criminal history check fees may apply to new individuals, or where a change of name has occurred.
Before you begin
To make changes to an FSP:
- You must log on as a registered user of the website.
Read more about registering to use the website.
- You must have authority over that FSP.
Learn about the Authority Management system.
Authority is automatically granted to the person who submitted the application to register the FSP.
If you are not the person who registered the FSP you will need to apply for Authority using the Registrar Authority Approval Service.
Read more about applying for authority.
How to update an FSP's details
- Log on with your username and password.
- Search the register for the registered FSP you wish to maintain, using either the keyword search, or the advanced search from the Online Services - Do It Now tab.
- From the My Tools menu at the top of the FSP details screen select Change request to FSP.
Please note | If you cannot see the change request button, you may not be logged on or you may not have the authority to update that FSP.
- You will now be taken to the Review page for the FSP, which shows the sections for you to access and update as required - either through the tabs at the top or through 'change details' in each review section.
- Once you have updated the required details, continue by returning to the Review page and selecting the Submit button. Your changes will not be saved until you have submitted them.
- If required, you will be asked to pay any relevant criminal history check or authorisation fees. Criminal history check fees are payable if you change the name of an existing individual, or if you add a new individual, and that person has not had a criminal history check on the FSPR in the last 36 months.
- The FSPR will notify you by email, confirming the changes you have made. Any 'pending' changes will be visible in 'My Unfinished Business' on your personalised dashboard, for example, for criminal history checks or authorisation requests.
If you have selected any Reserve Bank or Financial Markets Authority (FMA) licensed services (except Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA)) you need to contact them to apply for your licence.
Information on FMA’s licensing process can be found on their website
Information on the Reserve Bank's licensing process can be found on their website
Some information we hold on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR) for NZ registered entities is pulled directly from the New Zealand Companies Office register.