Licensed market services
Listed below are the six licensed services introduced by the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013:
- Manager of registered scheme (other than restricted scheme, MIS).
- Discretionary Investment Management Service (DIMS) provider.
- Independent trustee of restricted scheme.
- Derivatives issuer.
- Providing a peer-to-peer lending service.
- Providing a crowd funding service.
How to apply for the new financial market services
If you are already registered as a FSP:
If you are not already a registered FSP:
- Read the step-by-step instructions on how to register as an FSP.
- During the registration process you will be required to select the financial services you provide. These will include the six financial services introduced by the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.
- Once your registration is complete you will need to contact the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to apply to be licensed. It will take two to five working days for the FSPR checks to be completed before you can begin your application with FMA.