Keeping your credit union details up to date

How to advise us of changes

You must advise us in writing of certain changes

Updating rules and credit union details

The main documents that credit unions are required to file are:

  • rule or trust deed changes
  • change of entity details such as name and address
  • liquidation, amalgamation or transfer of engagements documents.

There are no set forms for changes to rules or trust deeds or address. A credit union may submit changes (made in accordance with its rules), on letterhead paper, and must be signed by appropriate persons as set out in the Act. We recommend you seek independent legal advice in this regard. Our legal team check all such changes to ensure they comply.

Certain changes need to be made to the Registrar in writing, but the Act does not specify a timeframe.

Filing your documents

Any documents to be filed with us can be sent to:

Registrar of Friendly Societies and Credit Unions
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142