There are several ways a registration can be cancelled.
- The society may be dissolved by:
- the happening of event declared in the rules to terminate the society
- at least 75% of members signing an instrument of dissolution
- award of the Registrar under section 95 of the Friendly Societies and Credit Unions Act 1982 (the Act).
- The Registrar may cancel or suspend registration under section 92 of the Act.
- Amalgamation or transfer of engagements to another society/branch in accordance with section 83 of the Act.