You can search the Incorporated Societies Register free of charge for information about registered unions and their status.
What you can search for
Information available on the register for a registered union includes its:
- incorporation number
- New Zealand Business Number
- date of incorporation
- officer details (where recorded)
- constitution or rules
- annual financial statements (for society’s not registered as charities).
Searching the register
You can search for a registered union using its name, incorporation number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN).
A list of search results provides some basic information for registered unions matching your search criteria.Search for registered unions
Organising your search results
You can sort your results by ascending or descending order, and you also have the choice of printing your results, or saving them either as a PDF or Excel file.
Viewing a union’s information
To view the publicly available information we hold for a registered union, click on its name in the search results list.
Access to documents
All public documents filed with us are available free of charge. These include:
- a copy of the union’s rules
- copies of the annual financial statements
- change of address forms (if any).
To access a union’s documents
- Search for the registered union, as described above.
- Click on the union’s name in your search results.
- Select the ‘Filings’ tab then choose from the list of documents by clicking the link.
- Click on the document number to view, or export the document as a PDF.