About the Retirement Villages Register
- Retirement Villages Act 2003 Learn more about the key legislation governing the retirement village sector.
- Role of the Registrar of Retirement Villages The role of the Registrar in registering retirement villages and maintaining the Register.
- What a retirement village is The definition and key features of a retirement village.
- If a village doesn't comply with the Act What happens if a retirement village operator fails to meet their obligations under the Act.
- Role of the Retirement Commissioner Information for residents, and people thinking about becoming residents, of retirement villages.
Other help topics
Appointing a statutory supervisor to a retirement village is a legal requirement which helps safeguard the interests of residents, although a village operator can apply for an exemption from doing so.
Registering a retirement village
To register a retirement village you must complete an application for registration, provide any requested supporting documents, and pay a registration fee.
Managing your registration
Keeping your information up to date on the Retirement Villages Register.
- Filing an annual return
- Updating registered documents and land changes
- Changing a retirement village address
- Changing a retirement village name
- Changing the details of a village operator
- Changing a statutory supervisor
- Cancelling a retirement village's registration
Registered documents for Retirement Villages
Managing the relationship between a village operator, residents and statutory supervisor.